Though under the wrong circumstances any vehicle carries a risk of rolling over and injuring the occupants, some vehicles and some circumstances are more conducive to these potentially devastating accidents than others. If you or someone you love has been severely wounded in a rollover accident, our Morgantown car accident attorneys can build a strong case on your behalf.
A rollover accident occurs when a vehicle is forced end over end and flips so that the roof of the makes contact with the road. Trucks, vans, and SUVs are more susceptible to rollovers than other passenger vehicles because of their tall, skinny design and high center of gravity.
Though drivers of these vehicles should exercise additional caution to avoid a rollover, most accidents of this type are caused by more than just a vehicle’s design. Here are some other steps drivers of any car or truck can take to keep their vehicle from rolling over:
- Be aware of obstacles in the road or poor road conditions.
- Avoid turning too sharply or overcorrecting when encountering a hazard.
- Obey the speed limit, especially on roads with twists and turns.
- Keep tires properly inflated and make sure the tread is in good shape.
- Ensure loads are within the weight limit and properly secured; this is especially true for vehicles with roof racks.
- Wear your seatbelt and make sure all passengers are wearing theirs.
Though rollover accidents can result from driver error, it’s also possible that they’re caused by the careless driving of another party, poorly maintained roadways, or a defective vehicle. Recovering from a car accident can be difficult, especially when you or somebody you care about suffered critical injuries.
Don’t miss the opportunity to seek the restitution your family deserves. Please contact Jim Leach, L.C., or call 1-304-865-8530 today to schedule your free consultation with our experienced Morgantown car accident attorneys.