AAA’s annual Memorial Day travel forecast estimates that more than 36 million motorists will be taking a trip over the long weekend. The vast majority of these vacationers will be traveling by car. We at Jim Leach, Attorneys at Law, wish you and your family the safest and happiest of travels.
Road trips can be fun, but the sheer volume of traffic on the road over a holiday weekend significantly increases the chances of a car accident. In order to avoid the potentially serious injuries that can result from a collision, here are some steps you can take to reduce your car accident risk this Memorial Day:
- Make sure your car is in good working order before you leave; check the gas tank, tire pressure, essential fluids, lights, and other features.
- Plan your route in advance so you won’t have to fumble with a map or GPS device on the road.
- If possible, leave early so you can beat the traffic.
- Stop at regular intervals so you can rest and eat.
- Be safe: Practice defensive driving, maintain an appropriate distance between your vehicle and other cars, and make sure everyone is wearing their seatbelts.
Should you be involved in a car accident caused by another driver’s inattentiveness, our Parkersburg lawyers can initiate legal action on your family’s behalf. You might be entitled to compensation for your physical injuries, pain and suffering, damage to your vehicle, and more.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jim Leach, L.C., or call 1-304-865-8530 to begin building your case with our experienced Parkersburg car accident lawyers today.