A collision between two cars can result in extensive damage, so a crash involving a vehicle and a person is bound to be even more serious. August is Pedestrian Safety Month, and Morgantown auto accident attorneys Jim Leach would like to take the opportunity to remind walkers ways they can stay safe on West Virginia streets throughout the year.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Walk against traffic so you can see oncoming vehicles.
- Keep an eye out for posted signs so you know what to expect from traffic.
- Don’t let cell phones, MP3 players, and other gadgets distract you.
- If you’re out at night, wear light or brightly colored clothing to make yourself more visible.
- Avoid jaywalking – a driver should have a clearer view of the road in areas where pedestrians are expected to be.
- If you have children, teach them how to walk safely, too.
Even if you have the right of way, not every driver is going to respect your safety. If you’re injured by a motorist, be sure to seek medical attention, file a police report, and contact experienced auto accident attorneys who can take action on your behalf against the careless driver.
Contact Jim Leach, L.C., or call 1 304-865-8530 today to begin building your pedestrian accident case. We are pleased to offer free consultations at our office near Morgantown.